Cong MLA climbs on the mobile tower to press his demand in Rajasthan
Jaipur: A ruling Congress party MLA on Monday climbed on a mobile tower to demand shifting of three mobile towers from Badi Sadri locality in Chittorgarh district of Rajasthan, police said.
"Prakash Chandra Chaudhary climbed on the tower in the morning to press for his demand that the towers be shifted to elsewhere and descended after five hours on assurance by district administration," Circle Officer Jagdish Narayan said.
Choudhary, the MLA from Badi Sadri, said that radiation from three mobile towers erected closely in densely populated area has affected the health of local people, so the towers should be shifted to isolated areas.
The MLA said that he took the step after the complaints of locals remained unaddressed by the authorities.
"Officers from the district administration and police rushed to the spot and convinced the MLA to get down. The district administration has assured him that the matter will be examined," the police officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Emraan Hashmi's son Ayaan appears in video for tiger cause
- Cheat days? John Abraham’s words will give you serious fitness goals – Read more
- Govt lists GST Bill for consideration and passage in Rajya Sabha's agenda for next week
- Kasol - Rejuvenate yourself with serenity, peace in the nature's lap
- Gurgaon waterlogging: This is how Twitterati reacted after traffic choked Gurugram