Cong MLA climbs on the mobile tower to press his demand in Rajasthan
Jaipur: A ruling Congress party MLA on Monday climbed on a mobile tower to demand shifting of three mobile towers from Badi Sadri locality in Chittorgarh district of Rajasthan, police said.
"Prakash Chandra Chaudhary climbed on the tower in the morning to press for his demand that the towers be shifted to elsewhere and descended after five hours on assurance by district administration," Circle Officer Jagdish Narayan said.
Choudhary, the MLA from Badi Sadri, said that radiation from three mobile towers erected closely in densely populated area has affected the health of local people, so the towers should be shifted to isolated areas.
The MLA said that he took the step after the complaints of locals remained unaddressed by the authorities.
"Officers from the district administration and police rushed to the spot and convinced the MLA to get down. The district administration has assured him that the matter will be examined," the police officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof