Cong MLA climbs on the mobile tower to press his demand in Rajasthan
Jaipur: A ruling Congress party MLA on Monday climbed on a mobile tower to demand shifting of three mobile towers from Badi Sadri locality in Chittorgarh district of Rajasthan, police said.
"Prakash Chandra Chaudhary climbed on the tower in the morning to press for his demand that the towers be shifted to elsewhere and descended after five hours on assurance by district administration," Circle Officer Jagdish Narayan said.
Choudhary, the MLA from Badi Sadri, said that radiation from three mobile towers erected closely in densely populated area has affected the health of local people, so the towers should be shifted to isolated areas.
The MLA said that he took the step after the complaints of locals remained unaddressed by the authorities.
"Officers from the district administration and police rushed to the spot and convinced the MLA to get down. The district administration has assured him that the matter will be examined," the police officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?