Congress leader Ram Narayan Chaudhary dead
Jaipur:Veteran Congress leader and former minister Ram Narayan Chaudhary died here after prolonged illness.
Chaudhary (84) was being treated at a private hospital here since August 31 for chest infection and died at around 12.30 in the night, family sources said today.
His funeral will take place in Jhunjhunu later today.
Chaudhary was a seven-time MLA, served as minister twice and as many times as Leader of Opposition.
He had also been one time Deputy Speaker in the assembly and headed Rajasthan Pradesh Congress Committee as president from 1980-82.
His daughter Reeta Chaudhary is the sitting Congress MLA from Mandawa, Jhunjhunu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Google Chrome overtakes Internet Explorer to be crowned top web browser
- Delhi petrol pump staff allegedly dupe a guy and then say - "Our boss knows Kejriwal personally"
- This Carat keeps your phone battery healthy!
- Growth falls to 15-year low in Sub-Saharan Africa: IMF
- Four people dead, 2 wounded at an explosion in Tamil Nadu