Congress leader Ram Narayan Chaudhary dead
Jaipur:Veteran Congress leader and former minister Ram Narayan Chaudhary died here after prolonged illness.
Chaudhary (84) was being treated at a private hospital here since August 31 for chest infection and died at around 12.30 in the night, family sources said today.
His funeral will take place in Jhunjhunu later today.
Chaudhary was a seven-time MLA, served as minister twice and as many times as Leader of Opposition.
He had also been one time Deputy Speaker in the assembly and headed Rajasthan Pradesh Congress Committee as president from 1980-82.
His daughter Reeta Chaudhary is the sitting Congress MLA from Mandawa, Jhunjhunu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state