Congress leader Ram Narayan Chaudhary dead
Jaipur:Veteran Congress leader and former minister Ram Narayan Chaudhary died here after prolonged illness.
Chaudhary (84) was being treated at a private hospital here since August 31 for chest infection and died at around 12.30 in the night, family sources said today.
His funeral will take place in Jhunjhunu later today.
Chaudhary was a seven-time MLA, served as minister twice and as many times as Leader of Opposition.
He had also been one time Deputy Speaker in the assembly and headed Rajasthan Pradesh Congress Committee as president from 1980-82.
His daughter Reeta Chaudhary is the sitting Congress MLA from Mandawa, Jhunjhunu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city