Congress leader Ram Narayan Chaudhary dead
Jaipur:Veteran Congress leader and former minister Ram Narayan Chaudhary died here after prolonged illness.
Chaudhary (84) was being treated at a private hospital here since August 31 for chest infection and died at around 12.30 in the night, family sources said today.
His funeral will take place in Jhunjhunu later today.
Chaudhary was a seven-time MLA, served as minister twice and as many times as Leader of Opposition.
He had also been one time Deputy Speaker in the assembly and headed Rajasthan Pradesh Congress Committee as president from 1980-82.
His daughter Reeta Chaudhary is the sitting Congress MLA from Mandawa, Jhunjhunu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands