Couple set themselves ablaze; wife dies, husband serious
Bikaner: A woman died and her husband sustained critical injuries after they set themselves on fire after a heated argument in Rajasthan`s Sriganganagar district, police said here on Wednesday.
The incident took place yesterday and the victims have been identified as Rajkumari and her husband Pawan Kumar.
"After an altercation with his wife over a domestic issue, Pawan (30) in a fit of rage set himself on fire, following which Rajkumari also set herself ablaze," Anupgarh SHO Amarjeet Chawla said.
The couple was rushed to city-based PBM government hospital where Rajkumari was declared brought dead and Pawan is battling for life, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part II
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part III
- India is 35th member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Formula 1: Bernie Ecclestone planning to scrap 'unequal' prize money structure
- Top Chinese envoy visits Vietnam as South China Sea tension rises
- Sensex stays flat after worst fall in four months
- Britain economy strong, can cope with EU exit turmoil: George Osborne
- Brexit unlikely to impact Indian auto component exports: ICRA