Couple set themselves ablaze; wife dies, husband serious
Bikaner: A woman died and her husband sustained critical injuries after they set themselves on fire after a heated argument in Rajasthan`s Sriganganagar district, police said here on Wednesday.
The incident took place yesterday and the victims have been identified as Rajkumari and her husband Pawan Kumar.
"After an altercation with his wife over a domestic issue, Pawan (30) in a fit of rage set himself on fire, following which Rajkumari also set herself ablaze," Anupgarh SHO Amarjeet Chawla said.
The couple was rushed to city-based PBM government hospital where Rajkumari was declared brought dead and Pawan is battling for life, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal