Curfew imposed in Raj towns after group clash
Bhilwara: Curfew was imposed on Friday in the Asind and Gulabpura towns in the district after a clash broke out between two groups, police said.
"Clashes broke out between two groups during a religious procession today following which curfew was imposed in Gulabpura and Asind," district collector Onkar Singh said.
The situation in the towns were tensed for the last few days following objection of one group against taking out of a procession by the other, he said.
"Prohibitory orders under section 144 of CrPC was imposed last night but when the situation turned violent, the curfew was clamped," he said.
No one was injured in the incident, Singh said, adding adequate security personnel have been deployed in the area to prevent any untoward incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands