Curfew imposed in Raj towns after group clash
Bhilwara: Curfew was imposed on Friday in the Asind and Gulabpura towns in the district after a clash broke out between two groups, police said.
"Clashes broke out between two groups during a religious procession today following which curfew was imposed in Gulabpura and Asind," district collector Onkar Singh said.
The situation in the towns were tensed for the last few days following objection of one group against taking out of a procession by the other, he said.
"Prohibitory orders under section 144 of CrPC was imposed last night but when the situation turned violent, the curfew was clamped," he said.
No one was injured in the incident, Singh said, adding adequate security personnel have been deployed in the area to prevent any untoward incident.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India