Curfew imposed in Raj towns after group clash
Bhilwara: Curfew was imposed on Friday in the Asind and Gulabpura towns in the district after a clash broke out between two groups, police said.
"Clashes broke out between two groups during a religious procession today following which curfew was imposed in Gulabpura and Asind," district collector Onkar Singh said.
The situation in the towns were tensed for the last few days following objection of one group against taking out of a procession by the other, he said.
"Prohibitory orders under section 144 of CrPC was imposed last night but when the situation turned violent, the curfew was clamped," he said.
No one was injured in the incident, Singh said, adding adequate security personnel have been deployed in the area to prevent any untoward incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- Pandal Politics: Shiv Sena slams Bombay High Court's order- Part 2
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra