Curfew imposed in Raj towns after group clash
Bhilwara: Curfew was imposed on Friday in the Asind and Gulabpura towns in the district after a clash broke out between two groups, police said.
"Clashes broke out between two groups during a religious procession today following which curfew was imposed in Gulabpura and Asind," district collector Onkar Singh said.
The situation in the towns were tensed for the last few days following objection of one group against taking out of a procession by the other, he said.
"Prohibitory orders under section 144 of CrPC was imposed last night but when the situation turned violent, the curfew was clamped," he said.
No one was injured in the incident, Singh said, adding adequate security personnel have been deployed in the area to prevent any untoward incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore