Curfew relaxed for the second day after violence in Rajasthan town
Jaipur: Police today relaxed curfew for the second day in a row, clamped in Sanganer town in Jaipur on Friday following violence between members of two communities, for four hours after a review of the situation.
"Situation is gradually improving in the town so the curfew was relaxed today for four hours starting from 10.30 am," police said.
Locals came out their houses to buy food and other necessary items. They have been instructed to stay indoors after 2.30 pm, they said.
The curfew was imposed on Friday when a petty issue of parking of a motorcycle turned violent and agitating mob torched a factory and damaged several vehicles on Thursday evening.
They also pelted stones at the policemen who were trying to control the situation, police said.
Tension prevailed on Friday when a group of miscreants set ablaze a religious school following which the police first imposed section 144 of CrPC and later, in the evening, the curfew was clamped.
The curfew was relaxed for one and a half hours yesterday also.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!