Daughter raped by father in Rajasthan
Bikaner: An 18-year-old girl was allegedly raped by her father in the district, police said on Tuesday.
The girl, a resident of Sridungargarh area, alleged that her father Jagdish raped her on the night of May 7 when she was alone at the house.
She narrated the incident to her brother, who came home next morning, following which the FIR was filed with Bhoruna police station last evening, they said.
"The girl and her brother were living at an orphanage in Sikar for several years as her grand father had murdered her mother and grand mother. The accused father had taken both of them to Bikaner on May 6 and committed the crime on May 7", SHO Gopal Ram said, adding, that the matter was being probed.
"The girl has been admitted to PBM government hospital for a medical check up. The accused is absconding and being searched," Ram said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS