Daughter raped by father in Rajasthan
Bikaner: An 18-year-old girl was allegedly raped by her father in the district, police said on Tuesday.
The girl, a resident of Sridungargarh area, alleged that her father Jagdish raped her on the night of May 7 when she was alone at the house.
She narrated the incident to her brother, who came home next morning, following which the FIR was filed with Bhoruna police station last evening, they said.
"The girl and her brother were living at an orphanage in Sikar for several years as her grand father had murdered her mother and grand mother. The accused father had taken both of them to Bikaner on May 6 and committed the crime on May 7", SHO Gopal Ram said, adding, that the matter was being probed.
"The girl has been admitted to PBM government hospital for a medical check up. The accused is absconding and being searched," Ram said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Ricardo Quaresma heads Portugal into Euro 2016 quarters
- Michael Sheen to make directorial debut in killer movie
- Irish fans eye revenge against France; Germany take on Slovakia; Hungary face Belgium
- IIFA 2016 Fashion Trends: Top 6 looks that nailed it at the green carpet! - View pics
- WATCH: OH MY WORD! Did Xherdan Shaqiri score greatest ever Euro goal?