Deafening sound triggers concern in Jodhpur
Jodhpur: A deafening sound was heard here on Monday raising concern among the people, many of whom called police to enquire about it.
Initially, the rumour had it that the sound could have been triggered due to "sonic boom" created by some military aircraft.
On being contacted, Defence spokesman Col SD Goswami, denied that it was an explosion, and said as far as the Air Force is concerned, they are trying to ascertain the facts.
Sonic boom is created by objects travelling at speeds faster than the speed of sound. They generate enormous amounts of sound energy, much like an explosion.
As per the regulations, no sonic boom should occur in populated areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says