Deafening sound triggers concern in Jodhpur
Jodhpur: A deafening sound was heard here on Monday raising concern among the people, many of whom called police to enquire about it.
Initially, the rumour had it that the sound could have been triggered due to "sonic boom" created by some military aircraft.
On being contacted, Defence spokesman Col SD Goswami, denied that it was an explosion, and said as far as the Air Force is concerned, they are trying to ascertain the facts.
Sonic boom is created by objects travelling at speeds faster than the speed of sound. They generate enormous amounts of sound energy, much like an explosion.
As per the regulations, no sonic boom should occur in populated areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users