Difference in number of Pak pilgrims confuse authorities
Ajmer: A difference with regard to the size of a Pakistani pilgrims` delegation which arrived here to take part in the ongoing 800th Urs of Sufi Saint Khawaja Moinuddin Chisti has raised concerns in the intelligence set up here.
"A 462-member delegation of Pakistan arrived here yesterday in a special train from Delhi. But we were informed that the delegation took 463 tickets at the Delhi station," a CID officer said today.
He said that it cannot be said at the moment whether a member of the delegation is missing or the difference is merely a clerical mistake though the head of the delegation has told the authorities that none of them was missing as they were 462 members, not 463, since the beginning of their journey.
"We have sought details from Delhi and Attari railway stations and after examining it in detail, we will be able to clear the confusion," he said.
The followers will offer a `chadar` at the tomb on behalf of the government of Pakistan and are scheduled to leave the city next week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez