Ex-Navy commander on fast for CBI probe
Jaipur: A retired Navy Commander is on a fast here demanding a CBI probe into the abduction and murder of his 77-year-old father.
The matter is currently being probed by CID of the state police but the family of the slain man is not satisfied with the investigation and is accusing the state police of shielding the culprits.
Retired Navy officer 52-year-old Yashwant Sharma alleged that the state police is deliberately not probing the matter and is protecting the accused and hence he was forced to go on the indefinite fast from August 1 outside his residence on Jawahar nagar road here.
Yashwant`s father Anand Swaroop Sharma had gone missing on January 20 and his dead body with the throat slit was recovered from an abandoned house in Pratap Nagar on January 27.
"My father was abducted and murdered at the behest of some local property mafia. They had an evil eye on our house and wanted him to sell the property," Sharma alleged.
"After the body was recovered two men were arrested but the police did not interrogate them properly. I raised several logical questioned related with circumstantial evidences which were never addressed.
The sequence of events, leading to the murder, which police told us was absolutely contradictory so we approached senior authorities including chief minister following which the case was referred to the CID in March but the status of the probe is no different as on date," he claimed.
He alleged that the evidences they produced in connection with the case were also ignored.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city