Five deaf, mute orphan girls raped at NGO in Jaipur
Jaipur: Five deaf and mute orphan girls were allegedly raped and beaten by staff at a residential school run by an NGO in Kanota area here.
Four persons, including the director of the NGO `Awaaz Foundation` have been arrested after the incident was reported to police yesterday, DCP (East) Shweta Dhankar said on Saturday.
"The girls, aged between 15-17 years, were staying at the hostel run by Awaaz Foundation where two employees Ashok and Suresh had been sexually exploiting them for some time. The girls were raped and beaten, and when they approached the NGO officials, their complaints were ignored," she said.
The girls were from a juvenile shelter home in Gandhi Nagar and had been sent to the residential school, which runs with the support from the Social Justice department, to undergo a training, police said.
The case came to light when the girls returned to their shelter home, run by the state government, in Gandhi Nagar after completing the course.
"We have arrested Alpana Sharma, who runs the NGO, and employees Geeta, Suresh and Ashok. A few more arrests are likely to happen soon," the DCP added.
Police said that 109 students were staying at the hostel, which has been functioning for the last six years.
Meanwhile, People`s Union for Civil Liberties activists today protested in front of the girls` home in Gandhi Nagar and demanded action against the culprits involved in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read