Four killed, 5 injured in Alwar explosion
Alwar: Four persons were killed and five others got injured when an explosion occurred at a house where fireworks were stored in Alwar district, police said here.
The incident occurred late last night in Saini Mohalla in Govindgarh town when the fireworks stored in a house caught fire. Soon the blaze spread to other areas and a cylinder kept in the house also exploded due to the fire.
The deceased have been identified as Pappu, his wife Kamla, their daughter Puja and another man Pandey. The injured have been admitted to a hospital in stable condition, SHO Govindgarh Baney Singh said.
Some other buildings in the vicinity have also been damaged, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy?
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy? - Part II
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Donald Trump says US could pull out of World Trade Organization
- Premier Futsal: Mumbai 5's crowned champions of inaugural edition
- 'Munich gunman planned shooting for a year, chose victims randomly'
- Unlikely sporting star Chris Froome wins third Tour de France, seals place amongst greats
- One dead, two injured in Germany machete attack: Police