Four killed, 5 injured in Alwar explosion
Alwar: Four persons were killed and five others got injured when an explosion occurred at a house where fireworks were stored in Alwar district, police said here.
The incident occurred late last night in Saini Mohalla in Govindgarh town when the fireworks stored in a house caught fire. Soon the blaze spread to other areas and a cylinder kept in the house also exploded due to the fire.
The deceased have been identified as Pappu, his wife Kamla, their daughter Puja and another man Pandey. The injured have been admitted to a hospital in stable condition, SHO Govindgarh Baney Singh said.
Some other buildings in the vicinity have also been damaged, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam