Gehlot government favoured firm in Dam project: RTI activist
Jaipur: A local RTI activist here accused the Gehlot government on Sunday of favouring a firm in allotting tender for the Kalisindh Dam project in Jhalawar district and demanded a judicial inquiry into the matter.
He alleged that conditions of the tenders were modified by government in such a manner that the firm, which has no experience of civil work to construct dams, can bag the tender.
"Former BJP government floated tenders for the Rs 258 crore project in 2008, but the Gehlot government changed it after elections, scrapped the process and floated fresh tenders with an intention to benefit a particular firm," activist Ashok Pathak told a press conference here.
"Several conditions were changed and the firm bagged the tender and the bid was as high as 335 crore. The company had no experience of civil work, but the firm was favoured by none other than the Chief Minister," he alleged.
"There are several irregularities in the process and a judicial inquiry in the matter should be constituted", he demanded.
When contacted, a government spokesperson said that the Rajasthan government has already rejected such allegations, which were earlier raised by the Opposition.
"The allegations are baseless and no firm was favoured at the government level," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Mahresult.nic.in 12th HSC Results 2016 Maharashtra Board: Hscresult.mkcl.org MSBSHSE HSC Class 12th XII (+2) Results 2016 to be declared today on May 25 at 1 PM
- Biharboard.ac.in & biharboard.bih.nic.in BSEB 12th Inter Arts Results 2016: Bihar Board Class 12 XII Intermediate Arts Results 2016 to be announced today on 25th May, 2016 at 3 PM
- Mbose.in HSSLC 12th Results 2016: Meghalaya Board (megresults.nic.in) class 12th HSSLC Arts exam results 2016, MBOSE to be declared today on May 25 at 10 AM
- Uttarakhand board Class 10th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM
- Goa GBSHSE SSC Class 10th Results 2016 to be declared today May 25, 2016 at 3 PM