Govt hospital doctor arrested for taking bribe
Jaipur: Anti-Corruption Bureau sleuths on Friday arrested the head of radiotherapy department in a government hospital in Udaipur for allegedly taking a bribe from a patient`s relative.
Dr S K Dangayach, HoD-Radiotherapy department at Maharana Bhupal hospital had demanded bribe of Rs 500 from a cancer patient`s relative Shyam Sundar for treating the patient, IG ACB Smita Srivastava said.
The accused HoD had already taken Rs 200 and Rs 500 earlier and demanded bribe again on May 1 following which Shyam Sundar informed the ACB.
"After verification of the complaint, the accused doctor was trapped and placed under arrest," she said, adding, that an unaccounted cash of Rs 3.70 lakh was also recovered from his residence in the hospital premises.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’