Govt hospital doctor arrested for taking bribe
Jaipur: Anti-Corruption Bureau sleuths on Friday arrested the head of radiotherapy department in a government hospital in Udaipur for allegedly taking a bribe from a patient`s relative.
Dr S K Dangayach, HoD-Radiotherapy department at Maharana Bhupal hospital had demanded bribe of Rs 500 from a cancer patient`s relative Shyam Sundar for treating the patient, IG ACB Smita Srivastava said.
The accused HoD had already taken Rs 200 and Rs 500 earlier and demanded bribe again on May 1 following which Shyam Sundar informed the ACB.
"After verification of the complaint, the accused doctor was trapped and placed under arrest," she said, adding, that an unaccounted cash of Rs 3.70 lakh was also recovered from his residence in the hospital premises.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security