Govt hospital doctor arrested for taking bribe
Jaipur: Anti-Corruption Bureau sleuths on Friday arrested the head of radiotherapy department in a government hospital in Udaipur for allegedly taking a bribe from a patient`s relative.
Dr S K Dangayach, HoD-Radiotherapy department at Maharana Bhupal hospital had demanded bribe of Rs 500 from a cancer patient`s relative Shyam Sundar for treating the patient, IG ACB Smita Srivastava said.
The accused HoD had already taken Rs 200 and Rs 500 earlier and demanded bribe again on May 1 following which Shyam Sundar informed the ACB.
"After verification of the complaint, the accused doctor was trapped and placed under arrest," she said, adding, that an unaccounted cash of Rs 3.70 lakh was also recovered from his residence in the hospital premises.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi