Guard tries to stop illegal mining, murdered
Bundi: A 50-year-old forest official was murdered allegedly by five persons after he tried to stop them from doing illegal mining in Dhabi forest range area in the district, police said Thursday.
Cattle guard Shaire Singh along with forester Dhirendra Singh tried to stop the group from illegally taking away stones in a tractor?trolley from the Bharpu forest area last night, they said.
The cattle guard died on the spot after being attacked and beaten with sticks by the group while Dhirendra sustained injuries, they said.
Police have lodged a case under relevant sections of IPC against the five persons, including Durgashanker Gurjar, Ramswroop Gurjar and his wife, Pappu Gurjar and another person of the family.
No arrest has yet been made in the case, police said, adding that investigation is on.
District Forest Officer (DFO) Rajendra Singh Nathawat, when contacted, refused to comment saying the matter is under investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Terrorists barge into BJP leader's residence in J&K's Chadoora, snatch AK-47 rifle from his PSO
- Mysore royal wedding: Yaduveer Krishnadatta Chamaraja's wedding attire was designed by Pramoda Devi. Know more facts
- Karnataka Police records statement of nursing student
- WATCH: More like Messi! Three most-talked about penalty misses by legendary footballers
- Crashed EgyptAir plane's data recorder repaired