Guard tries to stop illegal mining, murdered
Bundi: A 50-year-old forest official was murdered allegedly by five persons after he tried to stop them from doing illegal mining in Dhabi forest range area in the district, police said Thursday.
Cattle guard Shaire Singh along with forester Dhirendra Singh tried to stop the group from illegally taking away stones in a tractor?trolley from the Bharpu forest area last night, they said.
The cattle guard died on the spot after being attacked and beaten with sticks by the group while Dhirendra sustained injuries, they said.
Police have lodged a case under relevant sections of IPC against the five persons, including Durgashanker Gurjar, Ramswroop Gurjar and his wife, Pappu Gurjar and another person of the family.
No arrest has yet been made in the case, police said, adding that investigation is on.
District Forest Officer (DFO) Rajendra Singh Nathawat, when contacted, refused to comment saying the matter is under investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report