Heavy rains lash north-west Rajasthan, Churu records 43 mm
Jaipur: Dust storm accompanied with heavy rains lashed north-west Rajasthan affecting normal life as Churu received the maximum rainfall of 43 mm, the MeT department said on Tuesday.
With the ongoing climatic disturbances due to upper air cyclonic system of clouds and western disturbance, moderate to heavy rains occurred at many places in the state till 08:30 hrs, a MeT officer said.
A high intensity squall accompanied with thundershowers also hit Jaipur and its sub-urban towns in the wee hours today. People woke up with thick layer of sands and fallen apart leaves in their premises.
Pilani recorded a maximum rainfall of 42.1 mm, Ganganagar 23.2, Bikaner 21.2, Jodhpur 2.4, Ajmer 1.2, Jaipur and 1.0 mm.
Mercury during night also dipped by one to five degree Celsius at many places as Ganganagar on recorded the lowest temperature of 16 degree Celsius on plains, and 15 degree Celsius at Mount Abu, hill station.
Dust storm coupled with thunder showers affected normal life specially of pavement dwellers vehicular traffic on highways in parts of the state.
Electricity in many areas was disrupted for a couple of hours due to dusty weather, the power corporation sources said.
However the sky was clear this morning with cool air blowing north westerly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- New Hyundai Elantra to be launched in India today
- Amit Shah to inaugurate workshop of BJP state core committees
- Samsung likely to launch Tizen powered Z2 smartphone in India today
- Baloch leaders booked: JKNPP calls on Centre to slap sedition charges against separatists
- Earth's temperature dropped during solar eclipse