ID proof required to purchase bicycles in Jaipur
Jaipur: Alarmed over the use of bicycles in the recent Pune blasts and the 2008 explosions at Jaipur, the City police have asked all bicycle dealers in Pink City to collect a copy of identity proof and photo from customers at the time of purchase.
Jaipur Police Commissioner B L Soni had yesterday issued an advisory to all police stations for the same.
In the 2008 Jaipur blasts that claimed 71 lives, newly purchased cycles were used as carrier of the bombs. Similarly, three-newly bought cycles were used in the blasts at Pune.
Following the advisory, a meet was held here today in which bicycle dealers have assured their cooperation to police.
"An advisory was issued to all police stations under the Commissionerate directing all the SHOs to make sure that bicycle dealers in their circle do not sell cycles without the buyers` ID proof and photo," the Police Commissioner said.
"Cycles were used in the recent bomb blasts in Pune and the blasts in Jaipur in 2008. We cannot take chance. Hence, we decided to record identity of cycle buyers as a precautionary measure," he said.
"In the meeting today, dealers were asked to not sell cycles without getting ID proofs from their buyers. They have assured us their co-operation," he said.
Soni said if the dealers did not follow the advisory in the long run; it would be made mandatory to secure ID proof of the purchaser.
Majority of cycle shops in the city are in Kishanpol Bazar area in the old part state capital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city