MDP to contest 150 seats in Rajasthan Assembly polls
Jaipur: Megh Desham Party (MDP), a newly organised political front registered by the Election Commission, will contest on 150 out of 200 seats in the upcoming Assembly polls in Rajasthan.
The list of its candidates will be declared by the end of next month, its national president Kishan Lal told a press conference here on Wednesday.
MDP represents people of Scheduled Caste (SC) community that has a population of over 1.25 crore in the state, Lal said.
He said that there are 19 MLAs of Meghvansh samaj (a Scheduled Caste) and Manju Meghwal, one of the MLAs, is a minister of state in the Gehlot cabinet.
"MDP can think of joining any third front as a coalition partner on the eve of elections. The party believes in equality in the society of Meghvansh, and it is neither anti-Congress nor anti-BJP as we want our representation in the next government formation", he said.
MDP will also constitute its state units in Punjab, Haryana, Delhi, Himachal, Jammu and Kashmir, Chandigarh, Madhya Pradesh and Gujarat, said its national vice president Harbansh Lilad.
The party`s Rajasthan state president Gopal Kantiwal also announced the formation of MDP`s district units in Jodhpur, Alwar, Pratapgarh and Hanumangarh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police