MDP to contest 150 seats in Rajasthan Assembly polls
Jaipur: Megh Desham Party (MDP), a newly organised political front registered by the Election Commission, will contest on 150 out of 200 seats in the upcoming Assembly polls in Rajasthan.
The list of its candidates will be declared by the end of next month, its national president Kishan Lal told a press conference here on Wednesday.
MDP represents people of Scheduled Caste (SC) community that has a population of over 1.25 crore in the state, Lal said.
He said that there are 19 MLAs of Meghvansh samaj (a Scheduled Caste) and Manju Meghwal, one of the MLAs, is a minister of state in the Gehlot cabinet.
"MDP can think of joining any third front as a coalition partner on the eve of elections. The party believes in equality in the society of Meghvansh, and it is neither anti-Congress nor anti-BJP as we want our representation in the next government formation", he said.
MDP will also constitute its state units in Punjab, Haryana, Delhi, Himachal, Jammu and Kashmir, Chandigarh, Madhya Pradesh and Gujarat, said its national vice president Harbansh Lilad.
The party`s Rajasthan state president Gopal Kantiwal also announced the formation of MDP`s district units in Jodhpur, Alwar, Pratapgarh and Hanumangarh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured