Medical officer resigns alleging harassment
Bundi: A medical officer, posted at a primary health centre in Namana village of the district, has resigned from his post after he was allegedly harassed by some junior government employees and Sarpanch of the area.
Bhupender Singh has handed over his resignation letter to the district chief medical officer (CMO) O P Verma on Wednesday, alleging that he was frequently harassed by some junior level government employees and the village head during their frequent visit to the health centre, an official spokesperson said on Thursday.
Singh, in the letter, claimed that the government should increase the medical staff in the primary health centres of the state so that round-the-clock facilities could be made available for the patients.
Further probes into the allegations made by the medical officer are on, the spokesperson added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane