Minor girl from Raj molested by `Facebook` friend
Jammu: A minor girl hailing from Rajasthan, who was allegedly kidnapped from Jammu two days ago by a person who befriended her on a social networking site, was on Saturday rescued by Police from Udhampur district of Jammu and Kashmir.
The girl, who befriended PCO operator Visal on Facebook and had developed a virtual relation with him, came to Jammu on October 18 to meet him, police said.
Vishal had told the girl that he would take her on the pilgrimage to Vaishno Devi shrine.
However, yesterday, the girl was allegedly kidnapped and molested by Vishal and his two accomplices in a private vehicle while they were taking her to Patnitop, said Ashkoor Ahmed Wani, Senior Superintendent of Police, Udhampur.
They were intercepted by the police near Kud area of the district.
But as the Police was busy in ascertaining the facts from the girl, the accused gave a slip to the police and fled in their vehicle, the SSP said.
The girl was shifted to Police Women Cell Udhampur and the parents of rescued girl have been called, he said adding that a case was registered at Police Station Kud and further investigation was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites