On eve of World Population Day, Raje advocates for small family concept
Jaipur: Terming population growth a barrier to development, Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje on Thursday urged the people of the state to follow the concept of small family and to maintain sex ratio.
Raje, in her message on the eve of World Population Day, said benefits of development could be reaped by controlling population growth.
She said that rapid increase in population makes growth opportunities ineffective and full benefit of the government`s welfare schemes does not reach to the beneficiaries.
Former chief minister Ashok Gehlot also highlighted the importance of the small family concept and said that benefits of development and growth can be taken properly only by controlling the population.
Gehlot, expressing concern about the skewed sex ratio in the state, asked the people to refrain from social ill of female foeticide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter