On eve of World Population Day, Raje advocates for small family concept
Jaipur: Terming population growth a barrier to development, Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje on Thursday urged the people of the state to follow the concept of small family and to maintain sex ratio.
Raje, in her message on the eve of World Population Day, said benefits of development could be reaped by controlling population growth.
She said that rapid increase in population makes growth opportunities ineffective and full benefit of the government`s welfare schemes does not reach to the beneficiaries.
Former chief minister Ashok Gehlot also highlighted the importance of the small family concept and said that benefits of development and growth can be taken properly only by controlling the population.
Gehlot, expressing concern about the skewed sex ratio in the state, asked the people to refrain from social ill of female foeticide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'