On eve of World Population Day, Raje advocates for small family concept
Jaipur: Terming population growth a barrier to development, Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje on Thursday urged the people of the state to follow the concept of small family and to maintain sex ratio.
Raje, in her message on the eve of World Population Day, said benefits of development could be reaped by controlling population growth.
She said that rapid increase in population makes growth opportunities ineffective and full benefit of the government`s welfare schemes does not reach to the beneficiaries.
Former chief minister Ashok Gehlot also highlighted the importance of the small family concept and said that benefits of development and growth can be taken properly only by controlling the population.
Gehlot, expressing concern about the skewed sex ratio in the state, asked the people to refrain from social ill of female foeticide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested