On eve of World Population Day, Raje advocates for small family concept
Jaipur: Terming population growth a barrier to development, Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje on Thursday urged the people of the state to follow the concept of small family and to maintain sex ratio.
Raje, in her message on the eve of World Population Day, said benefits of development could be reaped by controlling population growth.
She said that rapid increase in population makes growth opportunities ineffective and full benefit of the government`s welfare schemes does not reach to the beneficiaries.
Former chief minister Ashok Gehlot also highlighted the importance of the small family concept and said that benefits of development and growth can be taken properly only by controlling the population.
Gehlot, expressing concern about the skewed sex ratio in the state, asked the people to refrain from social ill of female foeticide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...