Passport of absconding Raj IPS officer revoked
New Delhi: With the court declaring him as a
proclaimed offender in a fake encounter case, the passport of
Additional Director General of Rajasthan Police A K Jain has
been revoked at the request of CBI which has also announced a
Rs 10 lakh reward for information leading to his arrest.
Jain, a 1978 batch IPS officer of Rajasthan cadre, has
been on the run ever since the CBI filed a charge sheet
against him on June four last year for allegedly killing a
local liquor smuggler Dara Singh in 2006 when he was heading
the Special Operations Group of Rajasthan Police.
This is for the first time in the history of Indian Police
Service that such a senior police officer has been declared as
a proclaimed offender and a cash reward announced for his
The CBI produced the charge sheet against him before the
External Affairs Ministry for revocation of his passport and
was collecting data for issuance of Red Corner from Interpol
as it was believed that he had fled the country and was
somewhere in Singapore, official sources said.
The CBI had earlier announced a cash reward of Rs 10 lakh
to anyone leading to the arrest of Jain. Besides Jain, CBI
also announced a cash reward of Rs five lakh each against
Inspector Rajesh Chowdhury and Zulfikar and Assistant Sub
The CBI, in its charge sheet, had alleged that Dara Singh
was taken into illegal custody by the SOG officials from
Jaipur Airport and was taken to a lonely place near Amber
where he was kept hostage till October 23, 2006 after which he
was killed in a planned manner.
"The circumstantial evidence shows clearly that Dara was
murdered in cold blood by SOG personnel and the same was duly
monitored by ADG Police A K Jain, SP SOG A Ponnuchammi and
Additional SP Arshad Ali along with other officials and during
this entire period Rajendra Rathore (a sitting BJP MLA) was on
telephonic touch with Jain, ADGP," the charge sheet alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers