Raj police become tech-savvy for reporting crime
Jaipur: Rajasthan police is seeking to take a lead in coordinating its actions through specially designed smartphone applications which will enable citizens to report crime instantly using their high-end mobile phones.
`RajCop` and `i-watch`, the two smart phone applications developed exclusively for Rajasthan police by IT major Data Infosys Limited, have certain features which are first in the country to report crime instantly using the smart phones.
The application available on android phones serve as an online communication platform for officers and citizens to share photos and video clips with control room or police station concerned.
It will also allow citizens to verify a domestic help or tenant and even send an alert during an emergency to police control room.
"i-Watch` is for public use and `RajCop` is designed for police personnel," Sharat Kaviraj, Superintendent of Police for State Crime Records Bureau, told a news agency.
"Tenant verification, crime reporting by uploading video or photo, and alert sending at emergency are the features of `i-Watch` whereas `RajCop` facilitates police to access details of the owners of any vehicle or mobile number besides prompt crime reporting," he said.
For verification, `i-Watch` user needs to upload photo and details of tenant which will instantly go to the server of police station concerned.
"Thereafter, a policeman will go to the spot for verification. In the process, the landlord also needs not to visit the police station and the details uploaded by the user will come handy for the cops," he said.
The officer said the application has a unique feature of alert sending by just pressing a button at the time of emergency.
"The moment a user presses the alert button, the police
control room will receive an SMS with identifying the location of the phone user. PCR will contact the user and if he does not respond, a police team would be sent to the location which will be visible on screen in the control room," Kaviraj said.
Besides, he claimed that the app user can also upload photo and video of a crime scene at the server of police control room to report the same which will be helpful for the police.
The SP claimed that most of the features of the applications including alert sending are first of their kind in the country.
`RajCop` enables police to upload photo, video of the crime scene and instantly merge it with FIR as evidence in a proper and smart manner.
"The user has instant access to the details of the owner of mobile number or a vehicle which helps them in taking prompt action while solving the crime," Ajay Data, CEO of the Data Infosys Limited, said.
Data said the files uploaded through the applications will be accessible at police control room and police stations concerned and basic training for using the apps has been given.
More than 1000 people and policemen have downloaded the applications which were launched by state Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot recently.
Sanjay Malhotra, Commissioner of Department of IT and Communication informed that the project, aimed at increasing the efficiency and promptness for reporting the crime, was funded and supported by the state government.
Kota Superintendent of Police Prafulla Kumar said he has asked SHOs to use the `RajCop` in view of its usefulness.
"With the help of `RajCop`, we can access the details at any point of time that will certainly help us in solving cases more efficiently," Kumar added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @10 am
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'