Rajasthan govt sets up institute for police, criminal justice
Jodhpur: The Rajasthan government has decided to set up a university for police, security and criminal justice here, the foundation stone for which was laid by Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Monday.
The university will be set up in Lordi Panditji village on Nagaur-Jodhpur highway.
Currently Rs six crore has been sanctioned for it.
The university, which will commence its maiden session from July this year, will have M Sc, M A and P G Diplomas in courses like Forensic Science, Cyber Crime, Human Rights, Gender Equality, Economic Offences and Road Safety, among others, its founder vice chancellor M L Kumawat said.
A temporary campus will also be erected near the Rural Police Line in Daijar village near Jodhpur. Gehlot also laid the foundation stone for this temporary structure here.
While laying the foundation stone of the Sardar Patel University for Police, Security and Criminal Justice, Gehlot said this university will pave the way for the control on crimes, security in the society and policy making.
"It will also help in capacity building and creation of innovations in policing," he said.
He said the government is committed to social security and safety.
"We have given directions to the SPs and Collectors that there will be no compromise in dealing with anti-social elements and ensuring women`s safety and security and peace in the state," the chief minister said.
He said the state is not lagging in police reforms and the government has taken many steps for capacity enhancement of the police.
"We are step by step advancing to eliminate the resource crunch in the police be it human or be it tactical," Gehlot said.
DGP Harish Meena termed this university a milestone for the state and said it will lead to better image of police and benefit to the society at large.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what