Rajasthan govt sets up institute for police, criminal justice
Jodhpur: The Rajasthan government has decided to set up a university for police, security and criminal justice here, the foundation stone for which was laid by Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Monday.
The university will be set up in Lordi Panditji village on Nagaur-Jodhpur highway.
Currently Rs six crore has been sanctioned for it.
The university, which will commence its maiden session from July this year, will have M Sc, M A and P G Diplomas in courses like Forensic Science, Cyber Crime, Human Rights, Gender Equality, Economic Offences and Road Safety, among others, its founder vice chancellor M L Kumawat said.
A temporary campus will also be erected near the Rural Police Line in Daijar village near Jodhpur. Gehlot also laid the foundation stone for this temporary structure here.
While laying the foundation stone of the Sardar Patel University for Police, Security and Criminal Justice, Gehlot said this university will pave the way for the control on crimes, security in the society and policy making.
"It will also help in capacity building and creation of innovations in policing," he said.
He said the government is committed to social security and safety.
"We have given directions to the SPs and Collectors that there will be no compromise in dealing with anti-social elements and ensuring women`s safety and security and peace in the state," the chief minister said.
He said the state is not lagging in police reforms and the government has taken many steps for capacity enhancement of the police.
"We are step by step advancing to eliminate the resource crunch in the police be it human or be it tactical," Gehlot said.
DGP Harish Meena termed this university a milestone for the state and said it will lead to better image of police and benefit to the society at large.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir