Rajasthan: Income Tax dept raids business firm
Jaipur: The income tax department has seized assets worth Rs 8.37 crore in raids conducted at the premises of a business group and its associates dealing in real estate and jewellery business.
The assets, confiscated from 24 premises in Jaipur and one in Mumbai, include Rs 3.22 crore cash, besides jewellery worth Rs 5.15 crore, Additional Director of Income Tax (Investigation), Sanjiv Singh, said on Saturday.
A large number of documents showing unaccounted transactions have also been seized, he said, adding, these documents reveal receipt and payment of unaccounted money for acquisition of properties.
"Total undisclosed income of about Rs 92 crore has been detected so far. The seized documents and other evidences are being analysed and will be investigated further," he added.
The raids were launched on Thursday by a team that comprised as many as 250 I-T sleuths and police personnel.
Forensic cyber experts were also called from Delhi for data analysis, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick