Rajasthan: Income Tax dept raids business firm
Jaipur: The income tax department has seized assets worth Rs 8.37 crore in raids conducted at the premises of a business group and its associates dealing in real estate and jewellery business.
The assets, confiscated from 24 premises in Jaipur and one in Mumbai, include Rs 3.22 crore cash, besides jewellery worth Rs 5.15 crore, Additional Director of Income Tax (Investigation), Sanjiv Singh, said on Saturday.
A large number of documents showing unaccounted transactions have also been seized, he said, adding, these documents reveal receipt and payment of unaccounted money for acquisition of properties.
"Total undisclosed income of about Rs 92 crore has been detected so far. The seized documents and other evidences are being analysed and will be investigated further," he added.
The raids were launched on Thursday by a team that comprised as many as 250 I-T sleuths and police personnel.
Forensic cyber experts were also called from Delhi for data analysis, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Saraswati Puja on Vasant Panchami - Tithi, Muhurt and Vidhi