Rajasthan: Income Tax dept raids business firm
Jaipur: The income tax department has seized assets worth Rs 8.37 crore in raids conducted at the premises of a business group and its associates dealing in real estate and jewellery business.
The assets, confiscated from 24 premises in Jaipur and one in Mumbai, include Rs 3.22 crore cash, besides jewellery worth Rs 5.15 crore, Additional Director of Income Tax (Investigation), Sanjiv Singh, said on Saturday.
A large number of documents showing unaccounted transactions have also been seized, he said, adding, these documents reveal receipt and payment of unaccounted money for acquisition of properties.
"Total undisclosed income of about Rs 92 crore has been detected so far. The seized documents and other evidences are being analysed and will be investigated further," he added.
The raids were launched on Thursday by a team that comprised as many as 250 I-T sleuths and police personnel.
Forensic cyber experts were also called from Delhi for data analysis, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video