Rajasthan OBC commission submits job quota report
Jaipur: The Rajasthan OBC commission headed by retired justice IS Israni submitted its report on reservation in government jobs to Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot here.
The commission chairman IS Israni handed over the report last night to the Chief Minister at the latter`s official residence, according to a spokesperson.
The Commission studied and examined quantifiable data with regard to Gujjars and other communities’ representation in the state services and made its opinion accordingly.
It was the exercise as directed by the high court in 2010 to decide upon 5 per cent quota demand by Gujjars and other communities under special backward category.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway