Rajasthan to set up Lok Seva Guarantee Commission
Jaipur: The Rajasthan government has decided to set up a Lok Seva Guarantee Commission to provide time-bound public services in the state.
At a Cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot here late Tuesday night, it was decided to create the posts of Chief Commissioner and Commissioners in districts under Lok Seva Guarantee `Adhiniyam` (Right to Public Services Legislation).
To set up the Commission, the state government would amend RPSL clauses, an official said.
RPSL will guarantee time-bound delivery of services for various public services rendered by the state government to citizens and provides mechanisms for punishing errant public officers who are deficient in providing the service stipulated under the statute.
The commission would monitor 18 government departments covering 153 subjects of public interests, the official said.
RPSL is meant to reduce corruption and increase transparency in public accountability, he said, adding that the state had already enacted RPSL in the state, and now Commission would be set up.
It was also decided to set up a Lake Development Authority which would conserve lakes and look development and maintenance of flora and fauna surviving on these water bodies.
The state Cabinet decided to include additional 50 lakh families in the food security net for which the state government will start a campaign to select these families from August 20 in all districts.
These families would be in addition to those covered under 30 categories including 38.83 lakh BPL families.
The state government aimed to give benefit of Food Security to about 4.46 crore people in the state.
Jaipur`s satellite hospital `Jaipuria` would be developed into a 300-bedded hospital, the Cabinet decided.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"