Temperatures plunge in Rajasthan
Jaipur: Temperatures fell in several parts of Rajasthan over the past two days, forcing people to remain mostly indoors, as icy winds from the Himalayan ranges blew across the state, Met officials said.
The state capital Jaipur`s minimum temperature hovered around 4 degrees Celsius Tuesday and Wednesday night.
The minimum temperature was recorded at a sub-zero level of 0.2 Wednesday night in Churu district, some 200 km from here, said the Met officials.
The winter conditions have intensified and northern parts of the state saw a cloudy cover.
"Northern and other parts of the state had cloudy sky Tuesday and Wednesday. The situation is likely to remain the same in the next 48 hours," a Met official told reporters.
The minimum temperature was recorded 4.1 degrees Celsius Tuesday night and 4.4 degrees Celsius Wednesday night, making them the coldest nights of the season.
The weather office attributed the ongoing cold spell to the western disturbances and upper air cyclonic circulation.
Rawatbhata recorded a minimum temperature of 2 degrees Celsius, Mount Abu hill resort was 3 degrees, Pilani 2.5 degrees, Chittorgarh 4.4 degrees and Sawai Madhopur recorded a minimum temperature of 3.8 degrees Celsius.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- UP Police Computer Operator Admit Card 2016 for May 19 exam available. Check uppbpb.gov.in
- Congress responsible for drought in state, says Maharashtra's finance minister
- US House passes email privacy bill
- PM Modi meets ailing Sushma Swaraj at AIIMS
- Twinkle Khanna’s words for ‘fitness freak’ hubby Akshay Kumar - It can’t get sweeter than this!