Temperatures plunge in Rajasthan
Jaipur: Temperatures fell in several parts of Rajasthan over the past two days, forcing people to remain mostly indoors, as icy winds from the Himalayan ranges blew across the state, Met officials said.
The state capital Jaipur`s minimum temperature hovered around 4 degrees Celsius Tuesday and Wednesday night.
The minimum temperature was recorded at a sub-zero level of 0.2 Wednesday night in Churu district, some 200 km from here, said the Met officials.
The winter conditions have intensified and northern parts of the state saw a cloudy cover.
"Northern and other parts of the state had cloudy sky Tuesday and Wednesday. The situation is likely to remain the same in the next 48 hours," a Met official told reporters.
The minimum temperature was recorded 4.1 degrees Celsius Tuesday night and 4.4 degrees Celsius Wednesday night, making them the coldest nights of the season.
The weather office attributed the ongoing cold spell to the western disturbances and upper air cyclonic circulation.
Rawatbhata recorded a minimum temperature of 2 degrees Celsius, Mount Abu hill resort was 3 degrees, Pilani 2.5 degrees, Chittorgarh 4.4 degrees and Sawai Madhopur recorded a minimum temperature of 3.8 degrees Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- US confirms journalist jailed by China is American citizen
- Tom Hanks, Meg Ryan reunite for her directorial debut
- Home flight simulator in MH370 captain's home plotted Indian Ocean course: JACC
- This video will send shivers down your spine! Watch how people cross a raging river in Uttarakhand
- Pope gets mystical with Poland`s Black Madonna