Woman dies of Swine Flu in Kota
Bundi (Raj): A 24-year-old woman has died of swine flu in Kota following which the district administration has sounded high alert to check the spread of the fatal virus.
Krishana, a resident of Kothaya village succumbed to H1N1 virus infection during treatment at Maharao Bheem Singh (MBS) hospital hospital in Kota on Wednesday, Chief Medical & Health Officer (CMHO), Bundi Dr O P Verma said.
The deceased was admitted to a private hospital a few days ago where she had tested positive for H1N1 virus and was referred to MBS hospital on Feb 18, CMHO said.
A medical team had also visited the deceased`s village yesterday and conducted a survey to identify people with symptoms of swine flu and they had also distributed Tami Flu tablets to the neighbours and family members of the deceased, he added.
District Collector Shiv Kumar Agrawal has directed all the district officials to speed up the preventive measures and to keep an eye on people suffering with the flu.
Sub-Divisional Magistrate (SDM), O P Jangid called a meeting with the health officers of the district yesterday and instructed block medical and health officers to carry out door to door survey in their areas.
SDM also asked them to deliver the awareness messages in the schools.
District Education Officer (DEO), Elementary Education, Aruna Hummad has also directed the heads of the education institutes of the district to report students with symptoms of swine flu or those with the complaints of cold, cough and fever to nearby government health institutes immediately.
According to official figure, 140 people have died due to swine flu since April 1, 2012 to February 14 this year across the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves