Woman dies of Swine Flu in Kota
Bundi (Raj): A 24-year-old woman has died of swine flu in Kota following which the district administration has sounded high alert to check the spread of the fatal virus.
Krishana, a resident of Kothaya village succumbed to H1N1 virus infection during treatment at Maharao Bheem Singh (MBS) hospital hospital in Kota on Wednesday, Chief Medical & Health Officer (CMHO), Bundi Dr O P Verma said.
The deceased was admitted to a private hospital a few days ago where she had tested positive for H1N1 virus and was referred to MBS hospital on Feb 18, CMHO said.
A medical team had also visited the deceased`s village yesterday and conducted a survey to identify people with symptoms of swine flu and they had also distributed Tami Flu tablets to the neighbours and family members of the deceased, he added.
District Collector Shiv Kumar Agrawal has directed all the district officials to speed up the preventive measures and to keep an eye on people suffering with the flu.
Sub-Divisional Magistrate (SDM), O P Jangid called a meeting with the health officers of the district yesterday and instructed block medical and health officers to carry out door to door survey in their areas.
SDM also asked them to deliver the awareness messages in the schools.
District Education Officer (DEO), Elementary Education, Aruna Hummad has also directed the heads of the education institutes of the district to report students with symptoms of swine flu or those with the complaints of cold, cough and fever to nearby government health institutes immediately.
According to official figure, 140 people have died due to swine flu since April 1, 2012 to February 14 this year across the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part IV
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- GER V SVK: Slovakia eye Germany upset in Euro 2016 pre-quarters
- WAL v NIR: Gareth McAuley own-goal sends Wales into Quarter-finals of Euro 2016
- Jharkhand wants 5 more batallions of CRPF to fight Naxals
- UN can't verify incendiary bombs in Syria, concerned by reports
- Stop trafficking with a click! New TraffickCam app targets sex workers