14 killed in Afghan suicide bombing
Kabul: A Taliban suicide bomber on Monday blew himself up in front of a government office in Afghanistan`s northern Baghlan province, killing at least 14 people and wounding 13 others, the Interior Ministry said.
The bombing took place in front of the entrance gate of the Baghlan provincial council headquarters in Pul-e-Khumi around 10.30 am, Xinhua reported.
Mohammad Rasoul Mohseni, the head of the provincial council, was among those killed, the ministry said.
The Taliban claimed responsibility for the attack.
According to a UN report released in February, a total of 2,754 civilians were killed and 4,805 others injured in violence in 2012.
The UN attributed 81 percent of the civilian deaths to attacks by the Taliban and other armed groups.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video