14 soldiers killed in bomb attack in Pak tribal belt
Islamabad: At least 14 Pakistani soldiers were killed and more than 20 others injured on Sunday when a security forces convoy was targeted by a roadside bomb in the country`s lawless North Waziristan tribal region.
The incident occurred near Miranshah, the main town of North Waziristan tribal agency, security officials were quoted as saying by TV news channels.
They said 14 soldiers were killed and over 20 injured in the attack.
No further details were immediately available.
The attack came just a day after Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan chief Hakimullah Mehsud reportedly directed his militants not to target Pakistani troops in North Waziristan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation