14 soldiers killed in bomb attack in Pak tribal belt
Islamabad: At least 14 Pakistani soldiers were killed and more than 20 others injured on Sunday when a security forces convoy was targeted by a roadside bomb in the country`s lawless North Waziristan tribal region.
The incident occurred near Miranshah, the main town of North Waziristan tribal agency, security officials were quoted as saying by TV news channels.
They said 14 soldiers were killed and over 20 injured in the attack.
No further details were immediately available.
The attack came just a day after Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan chief Hakimullah Mehsud reportedly directed his militants not to target Pakistani troops in North Waziristan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand