14 soldiers killed in bomb attack in Pak tribal belt
Islamabad: At least 14 Pakistani soldiers were killed and more than 20 others injured on Sunday when a security forces convoy was targeted by a roadside bomb in the country`s lawless North Waziristan tribal region.
The incident occurred near Miranshah, the main town of North Waziristan tribal agency, security officials were quoted as saying by TV news channels.
They said 14 soldiers were killed and over 20 injured in the attack.
No further details were immediately available.
The attack came just a day after Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan chief Hakimullah Mehsud reportedly directed his militants not to target Pakistani troops in North Waziristan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram