14 soldiers killed in bomb attack in Pak tribal belt
Islamabad: At least 14 Pakistani soldiers were killed and more than 20 others injured on Sunday when a security forces convoy was targeted by a roadside bomb in the country`s lawless North Waziristan tribal region.
The incident occurred near Miranshah, the main town of North Waziristan tribal agency, security officials were quoted as saying by TV news channels.
They said 14 soldiers were killed and over 20 injured in the attack.
No further details were immediately available.
The attack came just a day after Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan chief Hakimullah Mehsud reportedly directed his militants not to target Pakistani troops in North Waziristan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok