22 Afghan militants killed in joint military operations
Kabul: Twenty two militants have been killed in joint military operations in Afghanistan in the last 24 hours, the interior ministry said Sunday.
"Afghan National Security Forces (ANSF) and the NATO-led ISAF coalition troops carried out several cleanup operations in the surrounding areas of Uruzgan, Kandahar, Ghazni and Herat provinces over the past 24 hours, killing 22 armed Taliban insurgents," Xinhua quoted the ministry as saying in a statement.
They also seized weapons and explosive materials, the statement added without saying if there were any casualties among the Afghan and NATO-led troops.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- It's official: Allan Donald named Australia's bowling coach for Sri Lanka tour
- Kane Williamson named New Zealand skipper for all three formats
- Hema Malini congratulates Deepika for her engagement!
- Mizoram HSLC Board Results 2016: MBSE HSLC Class 10 exam Results (mbse.edu.in) to be declared today
- Docoss X1 Smartphone at Rs 888: All you want to know