22 Afghan militants killed in joint military operations
Kabul: Twenty two militants have been killed in joint military operations in Afghanistan in the last 24 hours, the interior ministry said Sunday.
"Afghan National Security Forces (ANSF) and the NATO-led ISAF coalition troops carried out several cleanup operations in the surrounding areas of Uruzgan, Kandahar, Ghazni and Herat provinces over the past 24 hours, killing 22 armed Taliban insurgents," Xinhua quoted the ministry as saying in a statement.
They also seized weapons and explosive materials, the statement added without saying if there were any casualties among the Afghan and NATO-led troops.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!