23 militants killed in Aghanistan
Kabul: Up to 23 Taliban militants have been killed and 13 detained in security operations carried out in different Afghan provinces since Wednesday, Afghanistan`s interior ministry said Thursday.
"Afghan National Police (ANP) supported by army and the NATO-led coalition forces conducted nine cleanup operations in Kunar, Nangarhar, Nuristan, Kunduz, Uruzgan, Wardak, Helmand and Khost provinces," reported Xinhua citing a government statement.
The ANP also found weapons besides defusing 19 Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs), it added.
The Taliban were yet to make any comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt