23 militants killed in Aghanistan
Kabul: Up to 23 Taliban militants have been killed and 13 detained in security operations carried out in different Afghan provinces since Wednesday, Afghanistan`s interior ministry said Thursday.
"Afghan National Police (ANP) supported by army and the NATO-led coalition forces conducted nine cleanup operations in Kunar, Nangarhar, Nuristan, Kunduz, Uruzgan, Wardak, Helmand and Khost provinces," reported Xinhua citing a government statement.
The ANP also found weapons besides defusing 19 Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs), it added.
The Taliban were yet to make any comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed