32 peacocks dead in Pakistan district in past week
Islamabad: At least 32 peacocks have died in Pakistan`s Sindh province over the past week due to the deadly viral Newcastle disease, media reported Sunday.
The Tharparkar Wild Life Department said the peacocks died of the deadly viral disease -- locally called "Ranikhet" -- in Tharparkar district where severe hot weather conditions were prevailing, Geo News reported.
Several more peacocks were suspected to be still suffering from the disease.
Conservator Lajpat Sharma said the ailing peacocks have been placed in quarantine and are undergoing medical tests for diagnosing their illness.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III