Accept defeat in Afghanistan: Taliban to Obama
Kabul: The Afghan Taliban have told re-elected US President Barack Obama to admit that America has lost the war in Afghanistan and to pull its troops out now.
"Obama must by now know that they have lost the war in Afghanistan. So, without further lying and delays, they should leave our sacred land and focus on their own country instead," the Daily Times quoted spokesman Taliban Zabihullah Mujahid, as saying in a statement.
"The American administration should stop acting like police in the world and focus on solving their own people`s problems, and don`t make the world hate Americans even more," he further said.
The Taliban, who ruled Afghanistan from 1996 until 2001, were ousted by a US-led invasion for harbouring al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden after the 9/11 attacks.
They have since waged a bloody insurgency against the government of Afghan President Hamid Karzai, which is backed by more than 100,000 NATO troops, mostly Americans. All NATO troops are due to withdraw by the end of 2014.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past