Afghan girl beheaded for refusing prostitution
Herat: In a shocking incident, a 20-year old Afghan girl was beheaded when she refused to become a prostitute, a news agency reported on Wednesday.
As per report, four people who allegedly tried to force her into prostitution in western Afghanistan were arrested by the Afghan police. The heinous crime was committed by the girl`s in-laws.
The incident took place in Herat province of Afghanistan when the victim, Mah Gul’s mother-in-law tried to make her sleep with a man in her house last week, provincial police chief told a news agency.
He also said, "We have arrested her mother-in-law, father-in-law, her husband and the man who killed her.”
“The slain girl reportedly got married four months ago and her mother-in-law had tried to force her into prostitution several times in the past,” he added.
The killer, Najibullah confessed to the police saying, "It was around 2:00 am when Gul`s husband left for his bakery. I came down and with the help of her mother-in-law killed her with a knife.”
(With Agency input)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire