Afghan girl beheaded for refusing prostitution
Herat: In a shocking incident, a 20-year old Afghan girl was beheaded when she refused to become a prostitute, a news agency reported on Wednesday.
As per report, four people who allegedly tried to force her into prostitution in western Afghanistan were arrested by the Afghan police. The heinous crime was committed by the girl`s in-laws.
The incident took place in Herat province of Afghanistan when the victim, Mah Gul’s mother-in-law tried to make her sleep with a man in her house last week, provincial police chief told a news agency.
He also said, "We have arrested her mother-in-law, father-in-law, her husband and the man who killed her.”
“The slain girl reportedly got married four months ago and her mother-in-law had tried to force her into prostitution several times in the past,” he added.
The killer, Najibullah confessed to the police saying, "It was around 2:00 am when Gul`s husband left for his bakery. I came down and with the help of her mother-in-law killed her with a knife.”
(With Agency input)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport