Afghan girl beheaded for refusing prostitution
Herat: In a shocking incident, a 20-year old Afghan girl was beheaded when she refused to become a prostitute, a news agency reported on Wednesday.
As per report, four people who allegedly tried to force her into prostitution in western Afghanistan were arrested by the Afghan police. The heinous crime was committed by the girl`s in-laws.
The incident took place in Herat province of Afghanistan when the victim, Mah Gul’s mother-in-law tried to make her sleep with a man in her house last week, provincial police chief told a news agency.
He also said, "We have arrested her mother-in-law, father-in-law, her husband and the man who killed her.”
“The slain girl reportedly got married four months ago and her mother-in-law had tried to force her into prostitution several times in the past,” he added.
The killer, Najibullah confessed to the police saying, "It was around 2:00 am when Gul`s husband left for his bakery. I came down and with the help of her mother-in-law killed her with a knife.”
(With Agency input)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Subramanian Swamy says he stands by PM Narendra Modi
- Fraudulous chit funds back to haunt Bengal in agricultural schemes avatar
- Now, Karnataka schools ordered to buy book highlighting Siddaramaiah govt's achievements
- Rio Games: Sprint superstar Usain Bolt gears up for last Olympic trials
- Rio Games: Michael Phelps takes another step toward last Olympic hurrah