Afghan girl beheaded for refusing prostitution
Herat: In a shocking incident, a 20-year old Afghan girl was beheaded when she refused to become a prostitute, a news agency reported on Wednesday.
As per report, four people who allegedly tried to force her into prostitution in western Afghanistan were arrested by the Afghan police. The heinous crime was committed by the girl`s in-laws.
The incident took place in Herat province of Afghanistan when the victim, Mah Gul’s mother-in-law tried to make her sleep with a man in her house last week, provincial police chief told a news agency.
He also said, "We have arrested her mother-in-law, father-in-law, her husband and the man who killed her.”
“The slain girl reportedly got married four months ago and her mother-in-law had tried to force her into prostitution several times in the past,” he added.
The killer, Najibullah confessed to the police saying, "It was around 2:00 am when Gul`s husband left for his bakery. I came down and with the help of her mother-in-law killed her with a knife.”
(With Agency input)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened