Afghan peace council official killed in south
Kabul: An Afghan official says insurgents used a bomb and small arms fire to kill a representative of a government peace council tasked with finding ways to begin talks with the Taliban to end the nearly 12-year-old war.
Omaer Zawak, a spokesman for the governor of Helmand, said the attack that killed Malim Shah Wali Kahn today also wounded the province`s deputy governor. A bodyguard also died and four others were wounded.
He said insurgents first detonated a bomb next to Khan`s car and then attacked with assault rifles.
The British Ministry of Defense today also said three of its soldiers were killed in Helmand by a roadside bomb. NATO had announced the deaths yesterday but had not identified the nationalities of the soldiers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested