Afghan provincial council member killed in bomb blast
Kabul: A provincial council member was killed and three people were wounded Sunday in a blast in Afghanistan`s Takhar province, a senior police officer said.
"A provincial assembly member, Qari Khan Mohammad, was killed when his vehicle touched an improvised explosive device (IED) and set off a blast around 10.30 a.m.," provincial police chief Abdul Hinan told Xinhua.
He said three members of the convoy were wounded in the blast which took place in Chishma-e-Shir, a suburb of provincial capital Taluqan.
Afghan officials and pro-government figures have been repeatedly targeted by militants as Taliban insurgents intensified activities against the government across the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!