Afghan provincial council member killed in bomb blast
Kabul: A provincial council member was killed and three people were wounded Sunday in a blast in Afghanistan`s Takhar province, a senior police officer said.
"A provincial assembly member, Qari Khan Mohammad, was killed when his vehicle touched an improvised explosive device (IED) and set off a blast around 10.30 a.m.," provincial police chief Abdul Hinan told Xinhua.
He said three members of the convoy were wounded in the blast which took place in Chishma-e-Shir, a suburb of provincial capital Taluqan.
Afghan officials and pro-government figures have been repeatedly targeted by militants as Taliban insurgents intensified activities against the government across the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Panel discussion on Kejriwal's poisonous radio ad on Dadri incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!