Afghan provincial council member killed in bomb blast
Kabul: A provincial council member was killed and three people were wounded Sunday in a blast in Afghanistan`s Takhar province, a senior police officer said.
"A provincial assembly member, Qari Khan Mohammad, was killed when his vehicle touched an improvised explosive device (IED) and set off a blast around 10.30 a.m.," provincial police chief Abdul Hinan told Xinhua.
He said three members of the convoy were wounded in the blast which took place in Chishma-e-Shir, a suburb of provincial capital Taluqan.
Afghan officials and pro-government figures have been repeatedly targeted by militants as Taliban insurgents intensified activities against the government across the country.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory