Afghan to double the number of students in India
Kabul: Afghanistan proposes to double the
number of its students in Indian and Turkish universities as
part of moves to boost educational standards in the war torn
country, President Hamid Karzai said on Saturday.
He said the numbers of Afghan students to be send to
Indian and Turkish universities would be raised from 500 to
1,000 this year and for this the government was increasing the
foreign study allocation to USD 10 million from the present
USD 5 million.
Karzai, who was speaking at the first school day of the
famous Amani high school, recently renovated with Indian
assistance, said his government also proposed to raise expense
money of the students studying in India and Turkey, as he has
received complaints from them, that they were not getting
their money on time.
"This year we will send 1,000 high school graduate
students for higher education to India and Turkey from our
government badge," Karzai said, addressing the gathering of
students, teacher and government officials. The school is also
the alma mater of the President Karzai.
"We are thankful of India and Turkey for providing our
students opportunities to study in their countries," said
Karzai while he encouraged students that beside school
subjects they must learn foreign languages that would help
them in the future for their higher education.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says