Afghanistan: Two attacks kill 3 NATO, 3 US troops
Kabul: Two separate attacks in a single day have claimed lives of three NATO service members and three US Marines in Afghanistan.
The US-led military coalition says an Afghan working on an installation shared by Afghan and foreign forces has shot and killed three NATO service members.
The incident occurred on Friday, raising to six the number of US and NATO troops killed in such attacks on that single day.
An Afghan police officer shot and killed three US Marines after sharing a meal with them before dawn Friday in Sangin district of Helmand province.
Coalition spokeswoman Major Lori Hodge said on Saturday that three other foreign soldiers were gunned down on Friday night.
Their nationalities have not yet been disclosed.
She says the shooters in both attacks have been detained.
Daud Ahmadi, who is a spokesman for Helmand province, says the second incident occurred in Garmser district.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq