Afghanistan: Two attacks kill 3 NATO, 3 US troops
Kabul: Two separate attacks in a single day have claimed lives of three NATO service members and three US Marines in Afghanistan.
The US-led military coalition says an Afghan working on an installation shared by Afghan and foreign forces has shot and killed three NATO service members.
The incident occurred on Friday, raising to six the number of US and NATO troops killed in such attacks on that single day.
An Afghan police officer shot and killed three US Marines after sharing a meal with them before dawn Friday in Sangin district of Helmand province.
Coalition spokeswoman Major Lori Hodge said on Saturday that three other foreign soldiers were gunned down on Friday night.
Their nationalities have not yet been disclosed.
She says the shooters in both attacks have been detained.
Daud Ahmadi, who is a spokesman for Helmand province, says the second incident occurred in Garmser district.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you