Afghanistan: Two attacks kill 3 NATO, 3 US troops
Kabul: Two separate attacks in a single day have claimed lives of three NATO service members and three US Marines in Afghanistan.
The US-led military coalition says an Afghan working on an installation shared by Afghan and foreign forces has shot and killed three NATO service members.
The incident occurred on Friday, raising to six the number of US and NATO troops killed in such attacks on that single day.
An Afghan police officer shot and killed three US Marines after sharing a meal with them before dawn Friday in Sangin district of Helmand province.
Coalition spokeswoman Major Lori Hodge said on Saturday that three other foreign soldiers were gunned down on Friday night.
Their nationalities have not yet been disclosed.
She says the shooters in both attacks have been detained.
Daud Ahmadi, who is a spokesman for Helmand province, says the second incident occurred in Garmser district.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- HILARIOUS! Virender Sehwag's take on Kohli and Kabali will leave you in splits
- Hrithik Roshan's kids Hrehaan and Hridhaan emulate daddy dearest and we are loving it! See pic
- France's Francois Hollande says Munich shooting is a ''terrorist attack''
- BSF trooper shoots dead young Muslim woman in Tripura after unsuccessful rape bid - Know what happened
- Brazilian scientists found another type of Zika-transmitting mosquito