After ISI headquarters, Sharif visits Interior Ministry
Islamabad: A day after making a rare trip to the ISI headquarters in Islamabad, Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif on Friday visited the interior ministry where he was briefed on the newly proposed draft of national security policy.
Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan briefed Nawaz on the newly proposed draft of national security policy. The 33-page long draft was compiled by the National Counter Terrorism Authority.
According to Express Tribune, the new policy will focus on causes of terrorism, nature and extent of terrorism, evaluation of state responses and discussion on policy options.
On Thursday, Sharif had visited the ISI headquarters in the national capital.
Though, there was no official statement on Sharif`s visit either by the Prime Minister`s Office or Inter-Services Public Relations, media reports said it was primarily meant for consultations on the national security strategy being prepared by the government.
The Prime Minister, accompanied by Foreign Affairs and National Security Adviser Sartaj Aziz, Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan and Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif, stayed at the ISI headquarters for about five hours.
Chief of Army Staff Gen Ashfaq Parvez Kayani and ISI director general Lt Gen Zaheerul Islam had received Sharif.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?