ANP leader, 13 others injured in blast in Pakistan
Islamabad: Awami National Party leader Bashir Khan Umarzai and 13 others were injured on Saturday when his entourage was targeted with a roadside bomb in Pakistan`s restive northwest, police said.
Umarzai was travelling to a court complex when his motorcade was targeted with the bomb in Khan Gari area of Charsadda district of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province.
Umarzai, his son Shakeel Bashir Umarzai and a dozen others were injured in the attack, police officials said.
The injured were taken to Lady Reading Hospital, where doctors said they were all out of danger.
Police officials said the bomb was triggered by remote control. Policemen cordoned off the area and conducted a search but were unable to make any arrests.
No group claimed responsibility for the bombing though such attacks are usually blamed on the banned Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan.
Scores of workers and leaders of the secular ANP have been killed by the Taliban over the past five years.
Top ANP leader Bashir Ahmad Bilour was assassinated by a Taliban suicide bomber in Peshawar on December 22.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets