Army chief Gen Bikram Singh to visit Nepal on Monday
Kathmandu: Army chief Gen Bikram Singh arrives here Monday on an official visit to mark the successful ascent of Mount Everest by a joint Indo-Nepal army team in an effort to clean up the world`s highest peak.
The army chief is visiting Nepal on a two-day trip at the invitation of his Nepalese counterpart Gen Gaurav Shumsher Rana.
Gen Singh and Gen Rana will jointly flag-in the Indo-Nepal Joint Army Everest Clean-Up Expedition at a function at Nepal Army Headquarters in Kathmandu tomorrow.
The joint team successfully climbed Everest towards the end of May.
The Indian Army sent 11 climbers while the Nepal Army sent 9 climbers as part of the expedition.
The team collected more than 4,000 kilos of garbage from above the Everest base camp as part of cleanup efforts on the mountain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- NASA completes series of engine tests for next big rocket