Army chief Gen Bikram Singh to visit Nepal on Monday
Kathmandu: Army chief Gen Bikram Singh arrives here Monday on an official visit to mark the successful ascent of Mount Everest by a joint Indo-Nepal army team in an effort to clean up the world`s highest peak.
The army chief is visiting Nepal on a two-day trip at the invitation of his Nepalese counterpart Gen Gaurav Shumsher Rana.
Gen Singh and Gen Rana will jointly flag-in the Indo-Nepal Joint Army Everest Clean-Up Expedition at a function at Nepal Army Headquarters in Kathmandu tomorrow.
The joint team successfully climbed Everest towards the end of May.
The Indian Army sent 11 climbers while the Nepal Army sent 9 climbers as part of the expedition.
The team collected more than 4,000 kilos of garbage from above the Everest base camp as part of cleanup efforts on the mountain.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Pakistan vs England, 2nd T20: Live Streaming
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan