Army chief Gen Bikram Singh to visit Nepal on Monday
Kathmandu: Army chief Gen Bikram Singh arrives here Monday on an official visit to mark the successful ascent of Mount Everest by a joint Indo-Nepal army team in an effort to clean up the world`s highest peak.
The army chief is visiting Nepal on a two-day trip at the invitation of his Nepalese counterpart Gen Gaurav Shumsher Rana.
Gen Singh and Gen Rana will jointly flag-in the Indo-Nepal Joint Army Everest Clean-Up Expedition at a function at Nepal Army Headquarters in Kathmandu tomorrow.
The joint team successfully climbed Everest towards the end of May.
The Indian Army sent 11 climbers while the Nepal Army sent 9 climbers as part of the expedition.
The team collected more than 4,000 kilos of garbage from above the Everest base camp as part of cleanup efforts on the mountain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...