At least eight killed in Peshawar suicide blast
Islamabad: At least eight people were killed and 32 others injured when a suicide bomber targeting a superintendent of police, blew himself up in a market in Pakistan`s northwestern Peshawar city, Geo News reported.
The police official was killed along with his two security guards in the blast, which occurred near a police station in Qissa Khwani Bazaar.
According to bomb squad officials, the suicide explosion targeted the vehicle of SP Investigation Hilal Haider.
About six to seven kg of explosive material was used in the blast which destroyed the police official`s vehicle and partially damaged four other vehicles and five nearby shops, said police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter