At least eight killed in Peshawar suicide blast
Islamabad: At least eight people were killed and 32 others injured when a suicide bomber targeting a superintendent of police, blew himself up in a market in Pakistan`s northwestern Peshawar city, Geo News reported.
The police official was killed along with his two security guards in the blast, which occurred near a police station in Qissa Khwani Bazaar.
According to bomb squad officials, the suicide explosion targeted the vehicle of SP Investigation Hilal Haider.
About six to seven kg of explosive material was used in the blast which destroyed the police official`s vehicle and partially damaged four other vehicles and five nearby shops, said police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living