At least eight killed in Peshawar suicide blast
Islamabad: At least eight people were killed and 32 others injured when a suicide bomber targeting a superintendent of police, blew himself up in a market in Pakistan`s northwestern Peshawar city, Geo News reported.
The police official was killed along with his two security guards in the blast, which occurred near a police station in Qissa Khwani Bazaar.
According to bomb squad officials, the suicide explosion targeted the vehicle of SP Investigation Hilal Haider.
About six to seven kg of explosive material was used in the blast which destroyed the police official`s vehicle and partially damaged four other vehicles and five nearby shops, said police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority