At least eight killed in Peshawar suicide blast
Islamabad: At least eight people were killed and 32 others injured when a suicide bomber targeting a superintendent of police, blew himself up in a market in Pakistan`s northwestern Peshawar city, Geo News reported.
The police official was killed along with his two security guards in the blast, which occurred near a police station in Qissa Khwani Bazaar.
According to bomb squad officials, the suicide explosion targeted the vehicle of SP Investigation Hilal Haider.
About six to seven kg of explosive material was used in the blast which destroyed the police official`s vehicle and partially damaged four other vehicles and five nearby shops, said police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog