Bangladesh, Belarus discuss ties
Dhaka: Bangladesh and Belarus have pledged to enhance cooperation in various fields.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina held talks with her visiting Belarusian counterpart Mikhail Myasnikovich on a wide range of issues of mutual interest, Xinhua reported Tuesday.
After the talks, seven agreements and five memorandum of understandings (MoUs) were signed on cooperation in industry, agriculture, science and technology, education, etc.
Both leaders noted that despite bilateral contacts over the past two decades, the potential of cooperation in a number of critical areas remains untapped.
They expressed hope that wider collaboration could contribute to the strengthening of the bilateral relations, a joint statement issued after the talks said.
This was the first official visit to Bangladesh by a Belarusian prime minister since the establishment of diplomatic ties in 1991.
Myasnikovich, who arrived here Sunday on the second leg of his three-nation tour, also met with President Zillur Rahman before leaving Dhaka Tuesday for India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read