Bangladesh building collapse: Two infants born under debris, rescued
Savar: Two infants, born under the debris of the eight-storey commercial building which collapsed here, were miraculously rescued along with their mothers, a Bangladeshi fire official said on Friday.
According to the official, pregnant women were among the several garment factory workers trapped under the concrete ruins of the Rana Plaza in Dhaka`s suburb.
"Two infants have been reported to be born under the debris. They along with their mothers were among the 2,348 people rescued," he said.
The death toll in the collapse of Rana Plaza, which housed five garment units alongside 300 shops and branch of a private bank, today rose to 304, as authorities raced against time to look for survivors under tonnes of debris.
Garment factories in Bangladesh hire predominantly female workers, and many pregnant workers are reported to be among those still trapped under the debris.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!