Block NATO supplies to Afghanistan: Imran Khan to Pak govt
Islamabad: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) leader Imran Khan has urged the government to block NATO supplies to Afghanistan, following the killing of the Taliban leader Hakimullah Mehsud on Friday in a US drone strike.
Imran blamed the US for sabotaging Pakistan`s peace initiative with the militant group by repetitive drone strikes in the tribal areas bordering Afghanistan, the Daily Times reports.
Imran also said that his party would table resolutions for blocking NATO supplies in National and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa assemblies, which is one of the two routes through which the NATO supplies move in and out of Afghanistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened