Bombing wounds Afghan intelligence chief
Kabul: Afghanistan`s intelligence chief was wounded on Thursday in an assassination attempt in the capital, Kabul, Afghan officials said.
A senior government official said Asadullah Khalid suffered injuries on the lower part of his body when a bomb exploded at the intelligence chief`s guest house as he was receiving a visitor.
The house is used for private meetings that Khalid doesn`t want to hold at the official compound of the National Directorate of Intelligence, the official said.
The official would not provide more details beyond saying the bombing was an attempt on Khalid`s life.
Khalid was rushed to a medical facility run by the intelligence service, the government official said.
An Afghan police official also confirmed that Khalid was injured in a blast. Both officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorised to disclose the information.
Khalid, a former minister of tribal and border affairs and ex-governor of two provinces, was appointed head of the service in September.
There was no immediate claim of responsibility for the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Triple treble: How Usain Bolt stormed to another set of gold medals at Rio Olympics – VIDEO
- Two reward-carrying women Naxals arrested; another surrenders
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Vs Redmi Note 3: Check out the differences
- Attack on American University in Afghanistan leaves 13 dead
- Confirmed! Ranveer Singh to play Khilji in 'Padmavati' opposite Deepika Padukone—Deets inside