Bombing wounds Afghan intelligence chief
Kabul: Afghanistan`s intelligence chief was wounded on Thursday in an assassination attempt in the capital, Kabul, Afghan officials said.
A senior government official said Asadullah Khalid suffered injuries on the lower part of his body when a bomb exploded at the intelligence chief`s guest house as he was receiving a visitor.
The house is used for private meetings that Khalid doesn`t want to hold at the official compound of the National Directorate of Intelligence, the official said.
The official would not provide more details beyond saying the bombing was an attempt on Khalid`s life.
Khalid was rushed to a medical facility run by the intelligence service, the government official said.
An Afghan police official also confirmed that Khalid was injured in a blast. Both officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorised to disclose the information.
Khalid, a former minister of tribal and border affairs and ex-governor of two provinces, was appointed head of the service in September.
There was no immediate claim of responsibility for the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP