Bombing wounds Afghan intelligence chief
Kabul: Afghanistan`s intelligence chief was wounded on Thursday in an assassination attempt in the capital, Kabul, Afghan officials said.
A senior government official said Asadullah Khalid suffered injuries on the lower part of his body when a bomb exploded at the intelligence chief`s guest house as he was receiving a visitor.
The house is used for private meetings that Khalid doesn`t want to hold at the official compound of the National Directorate of Intelligence, the official said.
The official would not provide more details beyond saying the bombing was an attempt on Khalid`s life.
Khalid was rushed to a medical facility run by the intelligence service, the government official said.
An Afghan police official also confirmed that Khalid was injured in a blast. Both officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorised to disclose the information.
Khalid, a former minister of tribal and border affairs and ex-governor of two provinces, was appointed head of the service in September.
There was no immediate claim of responsibility for the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery