Campaign worker killed in Afghanistan, Taliban blamed
Kabul: An election campaign worker was kidnapped and killed by unidentified armed men in Afghanistan`s Saripul province Friday, police said Saturday, blaming the Taliban for the murder.
"The body of Hajji Yasin, who had campaigned for presidential candidate Abdullah Abdullah, was found from a road Friday night," Xinhua quoted police chief Noor Habib Gulbahari as saying.
Gulbahari blamed the Taliban for the murder.
Meanwhile, Fazil Sangcharaki, a spokesman for presidential hopeful Abdullah, expressed ignorance about the incident, saying he would check the report.
In a similar incident, unidentified attackers opened fire and injured an election campaigner of another presidential candidate Ashraf Ghani Ahmadzai in Karakh district of Herat province Friday evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price