Campaign worker killed in Afghanistan, Taliban blamed
Kabul: An election campaign worker was kidnapped and killed by unidentified armed men in Afghanistan`s Saripul province Friday, police said Saturday, blaming the Taliban for the murder.
"The body of Hajji Yasin, who had campaigned for presidential candidate Abdullah Abdullah, was found from a road Friday night," Xinhua quoted police chief Noor Habib Gulbahari as saying.
Gulbahari blamed the Taliban for the murder.
Meanwhile, Fazil Sangcharaki, a spokesman for presidential hopeful Abdullah, expressed ignorance about the incident, saying he would check the report.
In a similar incident, unidentified attackers opened fire and injured an election campaigner of another presidential candidate Ashraf Ghani Ahmadzai in Karakh district of Herat province Friday evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- My mother is like Indrani Mukerjea, she likes having sex with many men: Delhi school boy
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'