Campaign worker killed in Afghanistan, Taliban blamed
Kabul: An election campaign worker was kidnapped and killed by unidentified armed men in Afghanistan`s Saripul province Friday, police said Saturday, blaming the Taliban for the murder.
"The body of Hajji Yasin, who had campaigned for presidential candidate Abdullah Abdullah, was found from a road Friday night," Xinhua quoted police chief Noor Habib Gulbahari as saying.
Gulbahari blamed the Taliban for the murder.
Meanwhile, Fazil Sangcharaki, a spokesman for presidential hopeful Abdullah, expressed ignorance about the incident, saying he would check the report.
In a similar incident, unidentified attackers opened fire and injured an election campaigner of another presidential candidate Ashraf Ghani Ahmadzai in Karakh district of Herat province Friday evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Keith Urban celebrates 10th anniversary with Nicole Kidman
- An award must go to Fawad Khan for his hilarious expression while hugging Deepika Padukone!
- Greg Chappell strikes! Former coach claims team took short-cuts, key players selfish
- Make-up earns men's admiration, women's jealousy
- Asha Kumari appointed AICC incharge of Punjab