China assists Pakistan in avalanche victim search
Beijing: China is assisting in the search for 139 Pakistani soldiers and civilians who are entombed in thick ice following an avalanche that swept through their camp in Siachen glacier.
The Chinese armed forces have sent technical devices to the Pakistani Army after a request for help in searching for the victims, reported Xinhua.
The Chinese Defence Ministry on Saturday said the Chinese People`s Liberation Army also sent specialists to Islamabad to offer technical guidance.
The avalanche, which hit a camp of the Pakistan Army on April 07 in Siachen, buried 139 Pakistani soldiers and civilians.
Rescuers are also digging tunnels to reach the victims.
- 7th Pay Commission: Govt employees to get higher pay scales than recommended earlier
- AgustaWestland case: Former Air Chief SP Tyagi appears before CBI for questioning
- Beat the summer heat with these five cooling foods!
- Huge jams in Delhi, Noida as diesel taxi drivers protest against SC order
- Here’s how Hrithik Roshan responded when ‘characterless Kangana’ trended on Twitter