China assists Pakistan in avalanche victim search
Beijing: China is assisting in the search for 139 Pakistani soldiers and civilians who are entombed in thick ice following an avalanche that swept through their camp in Siachen glacier.
The Chinese armed forces have sent technical devices to the Pakistani Army after a request for help in searching for the victims, reported Xinhua.
The Chinese Defence Ministry on Saturday said the Chinese People`s Liberation Army also sent specialists to Islamabad to offer technical guidance.
The avalanche, which hit a camp of the Pakistan Army on April 07 in Siachen, buried 139 Pakistani soldiers and civilians.
Rescuers are also digging tunnels to reach the victims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured