China assists Pakistan in avalanche victim search
Beijing: China is assisting in the search for 139 Pakistani soldiers and civilians who are entombed in thick ice following an avalanche that swept through their camp in Siachen glacier.
The Chinese armed forces have sent technical devices to the Pakistani Army after a request for help in searching for the victims, reported Xinhua.
The Chinese Defence Ministry on Saturday said the Chinese People`s Liberation Army also sent specialists to Islamabad to offer technical guidance.
The avalanche, which hit a camp of the Pakistan Army on April 07 in Siachen, buried 139 Pakistani soldiers and civilians.
Rescuers are also digging tunnels to reach the victims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre