China assists Pakistan in avalanche victim search
Beijing: China is assisting in the search for 139 Pakistani soldiers and civilians who are entombed in thick ice following an avalanche that swept through their camp in Siachen glacier.
The Chinese armed forces have sent technical devices to the Pakistani Army after a request for help in searching for the victims, reported Xinhua.
The Chinese Defence Ministry on Saturday said the Chinese People`s Liberation Army also sent specialists to Islamabad to offer technical guidance.
The avalanche, which hit a camp of the Pakistan Army on April 07 in Siachen, buried 139 Pakistani soldiers and civilians.
Rescuers are also digging tunnels to reach the victims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!