China assists Pakistan in avalanche victim search
Beijing: China is assisting in the search for 139 Pakistani soldiers and civilians who are entombed in thick ice following an avalanche that swept through their camp in Siachen glacier.
The Chinese armed forces have sent technical devices to the Pakistani Army after a request for help in searching for the victims, reported Xinhua.
The Chinese Defence Ministry on Saturday said the Chinese People`s Liberation Army also sent specialists to Islamabad to offer technical guidance.
The avalanche, which hit a camp of the Pakistan Army on April 07 in Siachen, buried 139 Pakistani soldiers and civilians.
Rescuers are also digging tunnels to reach the victims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Sachin Tendulkar fans fume after Kumar Sangakkara omits 'God of Cricket' from all-time XI
- China to feel Brexit effects, yuan to weaken against dollar: JP Morgan
- As Central India faces drought, violence and murders on the rise over water
- Baby boom! Teejay Sidhu and Karanvir Bohra to become parents for the first time
- Tripura Governor gets additional charge of Arunachal Pradesh