`China-Pak cooperation is the need of the hour’
Beijing: Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao has stressed that his country will continue supporting Pakistan’s efforts to maintain its sovereignty, independence and territorial integrity and aid its economic growth.
Jiabao was speaking to Pakistan Army Chief General Ashfaq Pervez Kayani, who is on a visit to China at the invitation of the People’s Liberation Army (PLA) leadership.
He stressed that closer cooperation between Pakistan and China is the need of the hour in the wake of the complex global scenario, The Daily Times reports.
General Kayani acknowledged China’s support in maintaining Pakistan’s sovereignty, territorial integrity and promoting economic development.
He pointed out that the younger generation from both the countries is determined to strengthen their all-weather friendship, and Pakistan’s armed forces would aid China’s efforts to safeguard its core interests.
Jiabao admitted that Pakistan’s armed forces have already made a significant contribution in maintaining ties between both countries, and also called on the international community to recognise the sacrifices made by Pakistan in targeting terrorism.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ranbir, Anushka all set to shoot romantic rain sequence
- 7th Pay Commission: CBSE chief R K Chaturvedi gets additional charge of implementation cell
- PM Modi lays foundations stone of AIIMS Gorakhpur, reopens sick fertiliser plant
- Get 75% concession on AC train tickets; know more about such concessions
- The India of our dreams: This poet's take will leave you inspired - Watch