`China-Pak cooperation is the need of the hour’
Beijing: Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao has stressed that his country will continue supporting Pakistan’s efforts to maintain its sovereignty, independence and territorial integrity and aid its economic growth.
Jiabao was speaking to Pakistan Army Chief General Ashfaq Pervez Kayani, who is on a visit to China at the invitation of the People’s Liberation Army (PLA) leadership.
He stressed that closer cooperation between Pakistan and China is the need of the hour in the wake of the complex global scenario, The Daily Times reports.
General Kayani acknowledged China’s support in maintaining Pakistan’s sovereignty, territorial integrity and promoting economic development.
He pointed out that the younger generation from both the countries is determined to strengthen their all-weather friendship, and Pakistan’s armed forces would aid China’s efforts to safeguard its core interests.
Jiabao admitted that Pakistan’s armed forces have already made a significant contribution in maintaining ties between both countries, and also called on the international community to recognise the sacrifices made by Pakistan in targeting terrorism.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police