`China-Pak cooperation is the need of the hour’
Beijing: Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao has stressed that his country will continue supporting Pakistan’s efforts to maintain its sovereignty, independence and territorial integrity and aid its economic growth.
Jiabao was speaking to Pakistan Army Chief General Ashfaq Pervez Kayani, who is on a visit to China at the invitation of the People’s Liberation Army (PLA) leadership.
He stressed that closer cooperation between Pakistan and China is the need of the hour in the wake of the complex global scenario, The Daily Times reports.
General Kayani acknowledged China’s support in maintaining Pakistan’s sovereignty, territorial integrity and promoting economic development.
He pointed out that the younger generation from both the countries is determined to strengthen their all-weather friendship, and Pakistan’s armed forces would aid China’s efforts to safeguard its core interests.
Jiabao admitted that Pakistan’s armed forces have already made a significant contribution in maintaining ties between both countries, and also called on the international community to recognise the sacrifices made by Pakistan in targeting terrorism.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living